"remodeling" heat vent

Old 11-13-00, 12:49 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a vent in my bathroom that is not necessary (the bathroom is very small and is off the kitchen). My son's room is on the other side of the bathroom and does not have any heat vents. Is is possible to remove the top of the duct, cut a hole in the other side of the wall, and turn the top of the duct around?
I have taken off the front of the vent and thought "sure, this will be easy enough to do", but cannot seem to get the top of the duct off (it does seem to be two pieces). Any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-00, 06:17 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

Hi:RhondaK

I doubt you'll be able to turn the register in the bathroom around. It has a large metal flange and is attached to the vertical beams.

The top of this register is an intergal part of the register most likely. In other words, it's a one piece assembly.

Waht you most likely will have to do is remove the ducting tube from the bathroom register and attach that to a newly installed register in your son's room.

Then close off the top of the bathroom unused register to prevent drafts and loss of any heat there is in the bathroom.

Better yet, you may be able to use that unwanted heating register as an exhaust fan register. Connect it to an exhaust fan if there isn't one already installed in the bathroom.

Good Luck,
TomBartco