Power Vent Water Heater

Old 01-25-04, 09:49 AM
kadman
Visiting Guest
Power Vent Water Heater

I have a power vent water heater and the power vent fan does not shut off. Everything seems to be working fine but the vent fan never shuts off. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-04, 02:31 PM
artbuc
Visiting Guest
Do you have the vent motor plugged into a wall outlet instead of the switched outlet on the hot water heater?

Old 01-26-04, 09:17 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I looked at the wiring diagram on my power vent water heater and it appears that the blower is controlled by the thermostat. Sounds like a sticking switch or relay.

Old 01-26-04, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
On that wire schematic does the tstat turn on the burner also? Is you water to hot? if not look for that fan relay. I find water heater tstat are not the best in the world. ED

Old 01-26-04, 01:57 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Don't know if kadman has the same type of water heater. Mine is a Rheem. It looks like when there is a call for heat, the thermo starts the blower. The blower causes a partial vacuum in the stack. This pulls in a diaphram which then allows 24 volts to be fed to the gas controller. the controller then does it's thing with the electronic ignition and gas flow etc.

Old 01-26-04, 06:04 PM
kadman
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the input everyone. Goldstar hit it right on the head. After a long search I found the manual to the heater. Traced the schematic and found the gas pressure switch was stuck. I tapped on it with a screw driver and bam...everything back in working order. I'm going to do some checking and try and get a new switch but everything is working for now. Thanks Again