Coleman parts and breakdowns

Old 01-26-04, 02:16 PM
wastingtime3
Visiting Guest
Coleman parts and breakdowns

I own a Coleman DES 80 Model number 2890e566
I been trying to find parts for this or some kind of manual.
I have been having problems with the flame sensor and it was replaced but the bracket is broke. Trying to find this bracket on the web. Also was wondering if other flame sensors would work with this furnace. i.e. trane. This furnace is not in a mobile home and everything i find pertains to smaller mobile home furnaces. Thanks for any help.

Rusty

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-04, 06:48 AM
HVACELECT
Visiting Guest
how did the bracket brake?
and yes there are universial parts for alomost all furnaces but if your system is still under warranty don't use them or do any repairs your self because this wil void the warranty.

Try looking up " source one" replacement parts they make alot direct replacement parts for colemans

Old 01-29-04, 06:57 AM
wastingtime3
Visiting Guest
The bracket broke from corrosion more than likely. The furnace is 14 years old and when i went to clean the flame sensor the bracket just crumbled. So I made a new one out of sheet metal but was hoping to find a new one for the correct placement of the sensor. The furnace is running but I just feel like the bracket could be better or maybe cause a problem down the road. Found Source One, but still no luck for Coleman. Just seems hard for me to find parts for this thing. Thanks