fan relay

Old 11-20-00, 06:46 AM
Visiting Guest
can someone please tell me how to calibrate the fan relay on my furnace the blower runs all the time. i have a rheem furnace.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-00, 07:29 AM
Visiting Guest
If I'm not mistaken you're talking about a fan delay/high limit control.Removing the front panel(after you shut the power off) you should see a metal box about 2x4".Remove the cover.You should see a dial with 2 tabs.The 1st one is set for a lower temp.When the furnace heats up this tab starts the blower.The second tab is a high limit to shut the unit off.NOW..Turn the power back on,set the tstat to heat,make the tstat to call for heat.The dial should rotate to kick the fan in.Turn the heat off,the dial should rotate back to secure the heat once the heat exchanger has cooled off.If it does not rotate back try turning it slightly in the same possition.DO NOT adjust any of the factory settings.If it fails to rotate back the assembly has to be replaced.The other possibility is that this control may be controlling a fan contactor.If so the contacts could be welded together.Hope Iv'e been of some help!!!PDF