heat pump/electric forced air

Old 11-19-00, 07:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I have a lennox eletric heat pump/furnance. Heat pump isn't keeping up. No heat. Emergency switch does nothing just blows cold air.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-00, 07:48 AM
Visiting Guest
The heat pump would require a service man to check it out as to why it is not working.
The emergency heat is usally Electric heating Elements, Check to see that all your breakers are ON.
The electric heating elements use a lot of power,they can get burn't up wiring, broken elements, bad sequencers. Maybe the thermostat didn't get hooked up right.
There can be a lot of differ't problems, most of which I would recommend leaving alone and calling the Contractor.
Good Luck
Mr Foster

Old 11-19-00, 07:56 AM
Visiting Guest
I have had a service guy there and the heat pump is fine and charged. Breakers are all on.Still the house won't get above 65 degrees. Therm set on 90 degrees for the last 3 days. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ben M:
I have a lennox eletric heat pump/furnance. Heat pump isn't keeping up. No heat. Emergency switch does nothing just blows cold air.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 11-21-00, 07:53 AM
Visiting Guest
I agree with Mr.Foster,

#1 Do you own a digital volt meter?
#2 Do you have experience troubling shooting electrical systems?
#3 Did you know your systems utilizes 220 volts?
#4 Circuit breaker tripped?

If the circuit breaker is tripped do not reset it.You probably heater coil shorted.

You should have an experienced TECH look at the system!!!!!REMEMBER.Although a clean air filter is a must for any system it is even more critical for a HP system.PDF I am adding this tidbit.A HP can only pull so much heat from the outside air and deliver into your home.When it can't keep up the tstat calls for 2nd stage heat...Your electric resistance heat.A sequencer of 24 volts is energized warming up klixons that supply 220 volts to your electric elements.If your system has functioned good in the past make sure your TECH tests all components in the above mentioned area.PDF

[This message has been edited by PDF (edited November 21, 2000).]