tech-4 true blue 90

Old 01-29-04, 01:11 PM
kwick65
Visiting Guest
tech-4 true blue 90

Hi, i'm new to the forum, so I hope I'll give the info you need.
This propane forced air furnace is, to the best of my knowledge less than 10 yrs. old. Best guess "8". This is the third winter that I have been here.

Before I purchased the home, the plumbing in the bathroom that is directly over the furnace burst. The repairs were done to the plumbing before I purchased it, so I don't know what exactly was done. By visually inspecting the furnace the only problems from this is that there is rust on the black pipe running to the ingnition system control module.

Since the time I first purchased the home the furnace occasionally would start up and only blow cold air. This would continue until I would shut down the t/stat and reset it again. On very rare occasions I would have to go down and tap the ignition control module, which would then start the main burners. (I should add that when it was blowing cold air, the pilot light would remain on constantly until I tapped the module.)

Now I have a new problem, and I don't know whether or not they are related. I have been reading past threads and have checked a few things, i.e. ground connections, vacuum leaks or blockages, and I have replaced the igniter-flame rod assembly (which I broke trying to clean the flame rod on someones advise) What's happeneng now is that the igniter will glow, but the pilot will not light. The purge motor runs and the igniter glows constantly until shut off.

I have checked for clogged venting, and replaced the filter. The system has light flashing codes to tell what is wrong with it, but it registers that it is in normal operation.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-04, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
on most units after the psi switch is closed and ignitor powered up, there are no safeties in between that and the pilot valve opening, sounds like the board, especially if water was involved

Old 01-29-04, 05:48 PM
kwick65
Visiting Guest
psi switch

sorry, I don't know what that is. If it is the board, how would that explain tapping on the ignition module? Just trying to save money, and time.