Need filter 13X21X1

Old 01-29-04, 06:15 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need filter 13X21X1

I can't seem to find any filters in this size for my new heat pump. They came with the cheap ones...but I can't even find those. What about making one out of the permanent ones they sell that you clean and reinstall?

I am open for suggestions...but as I see it, that's the only one I know.

Thanks

Old 01-29-04, 06:32 PM
many manufacturers do this, especially carrier. i would either have a filter rack installed or a filter grille if there is only one return

Old 01-29-04, 07:12 PM
B
Originally posted by hvac4u
many manufacturers do this, especially carrier. i would either have a filter rack installed or a filter grille if there is only one return
What is a filter rack? what is a filter grille (same thing?). There is only one return. What does this do for me

Old 01-30-04, 08:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont go for the cut to fit and just wash it out NO GOOD.

You said you have just one return. Ok they make whats called filter grills. They go on up to 24"X24". You would take your cold air grill off and put one of the filter grills in its place.You just change the filter there.

go to www.Hart&Cooley.com and look for filter grille

ED

Old 01-30-04, 09:40 AM
B
Originally posted by Ed Imeduc
Dont go for the cut to fit and just wash it out NO GOOD.

You said you have just one return. Ok they make whats called filter grills. They go on up to 24"X24". You would take your cold air grill off and put one of the filter grills in its place.You just change the filter there.

go to www.Hart&Cooley.com and look for filter grille

ED
Thanks for the suggestion...but that would void the warranty with the installer.

Why is the cut tofit not good? What are the issues?

Old 01-30-04, 10:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They just dont do the right job the cut to fit and wash out.they are to thin and dont get the dust .Not long the coil is full of dirt and wont let the air get through it.I dont see how a bigger and better filter would void the warranty. You dont say the make but call them and ask if you put a bigger and better filter on the unit does it void the warranty. I know we put on are do what works best for the job. ED

Old 01-30-04, 02:41 PM
if installing a filter grille voids the warranty, you had the wrong installer. i promise you this is not the case. i would do it for sure.

Old 07-17-09, 11:27 AM
G
Great Place for hard to find air filters

I have terrible allergies and a terribly sized new (2yr old) A/C unit and couldn't find a good quality replaceable air filter that would fit until I found this today:

3M Furnace Filters, Home Air Filter, Air Conditioner Filters, Electrostatic Air Filter

Hope this helps your search.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: