Peerless Heater Intermittant

Old 01-30-04, 08:58 AM
CWright
Visiting Guest
Peerless Heater Intermittant

Help Please!!!
I have an old Peerlerss model MM-95B-W Gas Boiler heating my house. It appears to be gravity operated. 4 times so far this season it has not come on and when I check it the pilot light is lit, When I drop the metal plate covering the pilot/burner back in place the heater suddenly decides to work???????????????????
Can any one tell me what is going on and how I can fix this? More importantly do I need to shut it down as a safety risk?

Thank you,

Chris Wright

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-04, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pilot is lit and stays on----- I drop the cover the burner turns on.

Is there any lose 24 volt wire on the gas valve there? Or a control box there on the burner

I have had it where the gas valve would hang up and not come on even when the tstat called for heat from dirt in it.

Id say you have to play around there at the burner to find out just what. I dont see how it can be unsafe and have to shut it down. It does go off ok dont it ???

If your not up to finding out what is what. Call a tech to look at it

ED

Old 01-30-04, 09:23 AM
CWright
Visiting Guest
Thank you, I have no problem poking around I will check for a loose wire is a dirty/bad valve hard to change? I am fairly handy and willing to try just about any thing once I am glad to hear it's not a safety issue. It does turn off fine it's getting it back on that seems to be a intermittatnt problem.

Chris

Old 01-30-04, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If no lose wire and it dont come on just tap on the valve and see it that lturns it on If so Id get a new valve. Turn power off turn gas A valve to the boiler off. Put new valve in . ED

Old 01-30-04, 09:50 AM
CWright
Visiting Guest
Thank you

Chris