Powered Humidifier Location Question

Old 01-30-04, 09:13 AM
patrat66
Visiting Guest
Question Powered Humidifier Location Question

Hello,

I just had a new Comfortmaker N8MPN upflow furnace and A/C cased coil installed and have purchased a Honeywell HE360A whole house powered humidifier that I would like to install. Here's the question: The supply plenum is not large enough to accomodate the humidifier so I would like to install it on the coil casing. Is this a wise idea? It would be oriented correctly with the cooling coil and there would be enough clearance to install it here. The installation instructions don't address this issue. I have browsed the forum but have been unable to locate any info that addresses this specific issue. Before cutting into the heavy coil casing, I need to verify if this is a common practice. Also, would there be any performance or efficiency issues with locating it here? Is there a minimum distance from the bottom and/or side of the coil that should be maintained? The instructions state NOT to locate it on the furnace jacket or the return duct. It also shows a diagram of the humidifier in relation to the cooling coils, but it looks like it is on the supply plenum, not a manufactured housing/casing. Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Pat

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-04, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I for sure would not try and put this humidifier on the coil box of the AC.You will not get the air movement that you need for it. put it a ways down the duct there. Or take it back and get a bypass one. This you can oval the pipe and make it fit on the furnace plenum with the unit on the cold air drop. ED