Carrier 9200 58mxa060-2-1 Heating Lockout

Old 02-03-04, 08:23 AM
JOHN MARTIL
Visiting Guest
Carrier 9200 58mxa060-2-1 Heating Lockout

HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY CARRIER 9200 92% EFFICIENCY FURNACE. The furnace ran great all winter until about 2 weeks ago I got a LED light 2-1 gas valve lockout .I replaced the gas valve and the problem still existed .The furnace will run for a few hours then needs to be reset by turning the power off then on. Last week I replaced the flame sensor and the furnace worked great for a week, then the same problem arose. Thinking it may be the board,but this is a expensive replacement.The furnace is 9 years old. both outdoor flues are clean of snow.Would appreciate any tips.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-04, 08:28 AM
HVACELECT
Visiting Guest
I say it is the board but your system could be going into lockout if you don't have a good ground on the circuit . first thing to do is check and see if you have a good ground in the circuit

Old 02-03-04, 02:37 PM
JOHN MARTIL
Visiting Guest
Should I check for a individual circuit ground ,or am I looking for the whole system to be grounded.When I replaced the flame sensor,there was only a one wire plug in ,I imagine the case is the circuit ground

Old 02-03-04, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
looking for equipment ground. be sure the noninsulated wire is connected to the cas of the unit. does sound like board.