Heat down stairs but not up stairs!!

Old 02-09-04, 03:52 PM
dwalker0819
Visiting Guest
Heat down stairs but not up stairs!!

2 level condo, attic upstairs. Has central duct coming from the Heating unit. Then branches off to each room. No air is coming from them. Down stairs are blowing like crazy. I heard something about a value or something that shuts air off to one part of a home. but i check every duct and no lever or anything. Any ideas or do you think i missed something?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-04, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You might have a damper somewhere in the duct. If so it would be a small handle on the outside of the duct. look at the duct by the unit there. Also is the air filter clean . Do you get more air upstairs if you turn the fan to on?

Old 02-09-04, 04:17 PM
dwalker0819
Visiting Guest
update

when i walk up my stairs, the unit is in the wall. I pulled the panel off and there is a heating unit,(like a big fan sort of) then right above the unit in the attic there is a huge flexible duct running about 5 feet to a triangle looking box, Then branches off to each vent. I checked everywhere from lifting the duct work up didn't see any lever. No air at all is going out upstairs. But the down stairs is blowing alot. Do they alway put the lever actually on the flexible pipe coming out?

Old 02-09-04, 04:54 PM
No it would be on a metal duct. Do you know where the air filter is.Is the blower in this unit on the bottom or on the top can you tell. Is this a new condo or ask the people next door about theirs. Could you have 2 units here??? ED

Old 02-09-04, 05:03 PM
dwalker0819
Visiting Guest
Hey

The unit is at the top of the steps, synder corp unit. There is a filter and i changed it out. up in the attic the metal duck is in the floor. Built down next to the dray wall. there is a flexible duct coming out of it. Going to the rest of the vents to the rooms in the ceiling. on that metal part there isn't a lever. In the unit i didn't see one either. any ideas?

Old 02-09-04, 05:12 PM
Ask next door what they have or how it works . New unit call the builder. Is the unit blowing up or down do you know. Thats about all I can say when I cant see it.

Old 02-09-04, 05:38 PM
dwalker0819
Visiting Guest
hey

the next door neighbors were no help. The unit looks like it is suppose to go up from just looking at it. I have a unit out side that looks like an a.c unit. It was built in 89.

Old 02-09-04, 06:01 PM
dwalker0819
Visiting Guest
I can take pictures of it

I can take pictures of them, put them up on a site..

Old 02-09-04, 06:46 PM
OK should help attic runs also . Did you look good in attic that no pipe has come apart up there from 89 could be a pipe just blowing out in the attic ED