Coleman Heater

Old 03-02-04, 08:36 AM
blackhawk505
Visiting Guest
Coleman Heater

Need some information.We have a Coleman Mobile Home Furnace,Model #7670B,Seris 856,Using propane gas.Whats happening is ,when we turn heater on it warms up to set temp.Shuts off and then starts coming on and going off real fast until we reset themostat to off.We have replaced Themostat twice,have a programable one now.To me something seems to be hanging,but dont know what to check first.Also does anyone know where I might get a repair manual for this heater.Home is a 1974 model,so im sure heater is at least that old.Any help would be appreciated.James.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-04, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do you mean the burners or the blower goes on and off fast. Is the air filter clean? ED

Old 03-02-04, 02:06 PM
blackhawk505
Visiting Guest
It seems to be the fan,just goes on and off real fast.Has no filter

Old 03-02-04, 02:18 PM
Oh boy no filter. You have to have one. Id look at the blower wheel first here . dirt build up in the cup of the fan blades. make sure that its all clean. then to the blower controls. I think it has whats call klixon controls .They are small round like buttons there this is what turns the blower on and off it can be bad. Also the fan motor could also be it here. You have to ring it out with a meter to tell for sure . Clean it up first ED

Old 03-02-04, 10:12 PM
Do you have A/C on this unit as well?

IF no filter.. Man, you are going to have a mess to clean up and $$$

Old 03-03-04, 08:24 AM
blackhawk505
Visiting Guest
No AC.We have looked all over this unit for a filter or a place where one should go.Cant find one.When we bought this place it didnt come with a manual for this heater,dont know where to get one.As I said heater comes on and warms up house to set Temp.Then turns off,Then fan will come on for a second then go off and contiue doing this it until we finaly turn heater down or off then it will quit.I sure appreciate your help.James

Old 03-03-04, 10:26 AM
Ok no A/C so pull the blower and clean it out good. If motor is ok find that round blower control and get one just like it should be a klixon it will have ### on it like F110-2 that would turn the blower on at 110o and off at 90o. Just get the same as is in there.

"Filter "I think if you look at the door on the unit. If it is the kind that swings out and the front is a grill like. The filter just went in there and a X like wire is all that held it in. You do have to have one.

So clean blower check and see that motor is ok and runs all the time on a jumper to 110V if ok get new blower control.

From what you say I dont see how the tstat has anything to do with this

ED