where to find diagrams for lennox heater?

Old 03-02-04, 01:00 PM
logiphage
Visiting Guest
where to find diagrams for lennox heater?

I live in New Orleans where we don't need to run the heater very often. I have an central electric heat and AC.

Lennox model number ES2-341-3 serial number B549313.

It got cold enough to bother turning on after sitting many months idle and it didn't come on at all. I called a serviceman and he said there were two bad heat relays and a bad "disconnect" (is that the same thing as a cutout?) as well as a bad belt, but clearly the belt isn't the problem. He gave me a lennox part number 37177 but recommended I buy a new system. Shocker.

MAYBE all this went bad at once.. MAYBE..

Anyway I am not above trying to fix this myself if I could find a digram, even a generic one for how electric central heaters work. But I could not even find that model number or part number anywhere.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be most appreciative!

John

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-04, 01:53 PM
Did you look on the doors of the unit. There should be a schematic on the blower door there open it up and look. I dont think that has a belt on the blower. If you have a meter you can ring it out. Start with power 220V then check transformer24V. Then to the relays. If you cant get fan at fan on at the tstat look at the transformer first ED

Old 03-03-04, 11:39 AM
logiphage
Visiting Guest
Thanks thats some help at least. I suspected possibly it might be a transformer but wasn't sure where it was. This unit is in the attic and if I recall it does indeed have a belt. I didn't see a diagram but then I wasn't looking for one. I have a little lcd multimeter for electronics but I guess if I am careful should be able to use it. Or maybe should get one of those claw ones...

John

Old 03-03-04, 11:59 AM
Yes a good meter pays off. Dont know if you need the CLAW one but its good to have around That kind also would test for AMP draw on a motor are anything that is running. You want to be able to read the VOLTS 24V 110V 220V. Thats the main thing then the amps.

Now here you said AC . Turn the tstat to fan on . No blower its first do we have power 220V for inside and outside? then do we have 24V at the transformer?Then tstat jump R to G? Then the relay? Then the blower motor?

The transformer should be in the part above the blower or in where the electric heat strips are.

Grainger or Johnstone supply should have any relaysand stuff you need for it. ED

Old 03-03-04, 12:07 PM
logiphage
Visiting Guest
Oh should have said, yes it blows Just no heat. If was blower then would have had no AC either which is not something you can turn into a learning project in N.O... you get it FIXED ASAP

But the heater.. prob won't need it for another year anyway.. so I can mess around with that.

John

Old 03-03-04, 01:11 PM
Ok just heat, you have power we know now. So R to W at tstat is heat. See if heat relays pulls in in the unit. Also with power off Ohm out the strip heaters some of them have a fuse on them inside. Keep the air filters clean every 30 to 90 days. Check the belt and get a new one . The old one can slip some on you ED