Names of pieces.

Old 03-09-04, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Names of pieces.

I have a half-inch inside threaded valve. It is coming out of the concrete and can't be moved. I have a a piece of rigid pipe to join between it and an outside gas heater that also can't be moved. The heater has has protruding from it a half inch inside threaded pipe.

Both ends (of the valve, and the heater) are the same. They have inside threads. They can't be moved.

Here's my question, please.

I can thread one end of a joining pipe into one of the inside threaded 'ends'...but how do I attach it to the other end? How do I attach it to another set inside threads? I have no wiggle room. Is there a type of nut or fixture or something that I can use to join the outside threads with inside threads when I can't turn either? I can understand how to do this with copper pipe...just solder on a connector...but with threaded rigid gas pipe?

To rephrase. how can I join a piece of pipe that would normally thread quite easily into another if I can't turn either piece?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-04, 06:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You dont say how much room you have for this.

But first two 1/2" close nipples and a union

Or if you can go copper there two 1/2"MPT to flare two flare nuts and a short piece of 1/2" copper

ED

Old 03-13-04, 05:46 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: Atrypa

If I am reading your description correctly as well as invisioning it right, there where two adapters used. One each in the pipes. Than a felxible connector or flex gas hose used between the valve and the heater.

The connector, if the two are close to each other or a bbq gas hose if the two are far apart, would allow them to be connected together. The connector or flex hose have cap nut ends which allow for tightening without truning the connector or hose.

Outside usage of copper is legal in every area of the country I am aware of since the connection and lines are outdoors. Thus copper could be used also as long as the run distance is not in the area where the line may be in the way, etc.