Would you recommend?

Old 03-24-04, 12:55 PM
Giuseppe
Visiting Guest
Would you recommend?

I'm considering putting in a dual forced air system and wanted to ask your advice on what manufacturer to use.

We have a vintage 1888 house. The boiler works great but is ineffecient and expensive. The proposal I have to replace is a "munchkin" priced at $13,000. I like the wet heat, but still air conditioning hasn't been addressed. Admittedly it does come with afree water heater.

So as nice as it would be on the allergies, the radiant heat system is out.

Now to run ductwork. We have a custom sheet metal shop and we can fab/install ductwork where it needs to go. However, I need a qualified HVAC guy to come out and properly size the units I need, but not sure which to call.

Is there a manufacturer that is considered the best in quality and service in the industry?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-04, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ask around there who do the other people use? I like Trane and Rheem. The new V /S blower s work fine. where you are Id think for a heat unit with a Afue of 90+ and the AC a SEER 12 to 14. You can go to www.warmair.net and see what fuel is best for there. Could be a heatpump might work for you there.

Get 3 bids for sure also see that they all run a heat loss and AC load on the home and show it to you.You also need some one that is EPA to work on the AC and put it in.

You asked about make. I find that the guy that has been there the longest sells what he can fix and make run knowes what he is doing. So what ever he is selling could work out as the best. You say you have a tin shop,but can they lay out what you need for the duct work

The proposal I have to replace is a "munchkin" priced at $13,000. I like the wet heat, but still air conditioning hasn't been addressed. Admittedly it does come with afree water heater.
For that kind of $$$$ you could look into a DXgeo heatpump set up . It would make hot water for youalso. Go www.amgeo.com

ED

Old 03-31-04, 12:47 PM
Freon22
Visiting Guest
I think the Rheem Rudd units are hard to beat IMHO.

Old 03-31-04, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
rheem has a modulating furnace that is leading the field in my opinion.