Furnace Fan Not Working

Old 04-03-04, 01:51 PM
Mathcoach1952
Visiting Guest
Angry Furnace Fan Not Working

I have a TEMPSTAR furnace model number NTC6100KFA1. I have just replaced my programmable thermostat becasuse the batteries died, which I thought caused my furnace fan to not run. When I turn on the thermaostat switch, I hear a click in the furnace and a hum but the fan does not start.

HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-04, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GIve it a try. Open up the furnace so you can get at the blower motor. Have some one turn the blower to on . When it hums give it a push and see if it will start for you .If it does its the capacitor on the blower motor .Now be careful when you do this .
ED

Old 04-04-04, 07:03 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Question Clarifications Requested

Hello: Ross

Not sure why the T-Stat was replaced if only the batteries where dead. You mean you replaced only the batteries or did you actually replace the entire T-Stat?

If only batteries where in fact replaced, likely not to be a T-Stat problem or T-Stat causing the furnace problem. If entire T-Stat replaced, recheck wiring at and to the T-Stat.

Turn T-Stat switch? Meaning the fan only on switch? Or the temp switch to activate furnace to get heating? Important to know all the above to help determine problem and correction, if needed.

Click at furnace with a hum may not be the main blower fan. May be the power venting fan, if equipped with one. Main blower fan may or may not trun on. If wired into an interconnected blower fan compartment safety switch, if equipped with one.

Door panel safety switch would be located on the blower compartments door panel frame, usually upper left side. When blower compartment door is removed, nothing works.

To determine if fan is inoperative while only blower fan switch is turned on at T-Stat while door panel is removed, door safety switch must be manually depressed for that main fan test.

Use the reply button to add additional clarification information. Doing so will automatically move your question to the top of the forums list of questions.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice.
TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."