York Diamond 80 Air Filter

Old 05-25-04, 04:55 PM
jcrmak
Visiting Guest
York Diamond 80 Air Filter

Hello, I just bought a house with a York Diamond 80 unit.

This may be a stupid question, but I can't find the air filter. Is it possible that it does not have one? If anyone is familiar with that model, could they please let me know where to look.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-04, 10:25 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

You have to have a air filter some place. Have you looked at the return air grills there in the walls? Then by the unit on the side or on the bottom if its a upflow. Near the top of the unit if its a downflow. So you have to look at the unit and take off the blower door. They should be changed every 30 to 90 days. Dont use a washable filter get a good pleated one .

ED

Old 05-31-04, 05:26 PM
if there is only one return, look for the return grille to possibly have it in there (there may be a door on the grille) if it has a door and no filter, one should be there. if there are several returns, the filter would be at the furnace, look in the blower compartment as ed said

Old 07-16-04, 04:04 PM
spdupont
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Did you find the filter?

Were you ever able to find the filter on your unit? We have looked and looked all over the thing and are unable to find the one on ours. We have several return vents in the house so it is unlikely that it is there. If anyone knows anything about this PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!

Old 07-17-04, 06:09 AM
if there is not one in place,there is probably a rack in the blower compartment for it if you can find one nowhere else

Old 07-19-04, 12:06 PM
brobitail
Visiting Guest
brobitail

I too am unable to find the filter on my unit. I have looked in the blower compartmant and in the upper compartment that appears to house the burners. The blower compartment has two intakes feeding ito it and both are unfiltered and wide open to the outside of the unit (nothing between the blower compartment and the grills).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

B

Old 07-25-04, 01:31 PM
put the filter in the blower compartment, filtrting thwe air just before it enters the fan

usually a 16X25X1 will go in there, you will have to work something out to hold it in place