Furnace replacement

Old 06-12-04, 03:53 PM
mrbilly
Visiting Guest
Furnace replacement

I just got an estimate of $3,500 to replace my furnace. Does this sound too high?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-04, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Yes and No Get 3 bids for this job, Also make sure that they run a heat loss on the home. For as how big a furnace you need.

ED

Old 06-13-04, 07:35 AM
What are you getting?
Like Ed said "Yes and No" If they are just pulling the old furnace and putting in the new one it sounds high. If they are doing the furnace w/new A/C and duct modifications it might be a good deal.

Old 06-14-04, 12:49 PM
No disrespect intended but that's like saying I was quoted $25,000 for a new car. Is that a good price?

We would have to ask you at least 10 questions just to find out if the price was in the ballpark and then another 10 to see if it was competitive. Did you mean furnace, or possibly is it a boiler? Those terms get mis-used often.

Follow Ed's advice and get at least 3 quotes and do your homework on the brands that are suggested.

Ken

Old 06-14-04, 12:55 PM
No disrespect intended but that's like saying I was quoted $25,000 for a new car. Is that a good price?

We would have to ask you at least 10 questions just to find out if the price was in the ballpark and then another 10 to see if it was competitive. Did you mean furnace, or possibly is it a boiler? Those terms get mis-used often.

Follow Ed's advice and get at least 3 quotes and do your homework on the brands that are suggested.

Ken

Old 06-17-04, 02:06 AM
mrbilly
Visiting Guest
they're replacing all the ducts and installing a digital thermostat

it's an energy star thrane furnace with a 5 yr warranty, and my house is approximately 1300 sq ft.

i've had two estimates already and they're both in the $3000's. I just want to know if I should continue scheduling estimates or if I should just pay the $3500. Any advice is greatly appreciated.