in line booster fan

Old 06-18-04, 10:30 AM
ken lakee
Visiting Guest
Question in line booster fan

i installed a in line booster fan...need to move air for returns in upstairs rooms. instructions say to wire into blower relay in furnace..i have a rudd and took a picture of the wiring diagram..dont see a blower relay..only see indoor blower motor....can i use the cool lead and hook the other wire to a empty neutral

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-04, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if you are referring to the leads going to the fan that are energized in cooling and nuetral, yes.....but.......that added amp draw may overload the relay that powers the fan in cooling, especially if you have a circuit board. i would use a relay, very simple

get a basic 90-240 or 90-230 relat with a 24 volt coil

energize the 24 volt coil with y coming from the tstat. (other side goes to common on transformer) break a hot leg through the N/O points, (they will close when cooling is called for and catch nuetral from the other side of the motor turning it on with call for cool.

now amp draw is not on furnace fan relay, yet fan is energized with call for cool. if you want it energized when fan is in "on" position as well, use the green instead of yellow to energize coil of relay.

why not add or increase size of return ducting ?