in line fan....

Old 06-19-04, 08:56 AM
ken lakee
Visiting Guest
Question in line fan....

thanks...hvac$u i think i understand..i hooked up my humidifer that way..this fan is 110volt..i want it to come on and off with the blower..there was a screw to attach the humidifer on the circit board other went to neutral and wires went to transformer...is this the same kind of set up...the trouble with working on this furnace ..its in a crawl space..i hate going down there with the insulation hanging between the joists and working on my knees..as for the larger duct ...the contractor who built the house never put returns upstairs now i had to do my own...but the run is so long because i cant get the duct to go straight down to the crawl space..it goes from the front of house into the garage to back of garage down to crawl space over120 feet of duct that is 10" round. without the fan the returns just about hold 1 sheet of toliet paper to them with the system on...i know very little about this wiring stuff...the humidifier was easy to put the wire on the screw marked hum. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-04, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

..its in a crawl space..i hate going down there with the insulation hanging between the joists and working on my knees.
You might want to rework the crawl way while your at it.You want a 6 mil poly down on the ground.Over lap 2' and tape the seams, up the wall with it about a foot. A 2" or 3"polystyrene up the walls to the joist, close all vents and cover them . A R 19 insulation in each joist space up there on the sill plate. two small registers in the duct to let air out down there and one in the cold air return.

ED