GEOTHERMAL with Radiant floor heating...

Old 08-01-04, 09:51 PM
C
Camian
Visiting Guest
Cool GEOTHERMAL with Radiant floor heating...

I have a old 7,000sf vicotrian Gothic Home that is running an oil based steam system.

Last year my coldest month i paid $800 in heating oil in this drafty old house and with prices of oil climbing I have to now make some quick decisions about our heating system.

I've been researching Geothermal Systems and i like them very much. I have a question that i still have no answer to. I would like to install a Geothermal heating system in our house and use a desuperheater to transfer the Goe's heat to produce heating hot water rather than forced air. I would like to do this because i have access to the underside of our floors and would like to install staple up radiant tubing which would allow for zoning and warm floors (We have tall ceilings.)

My question is this... Does anyone out there no about efficiency difference between producing forced warm air vs. hot water for heating. Will btu's be better by producing forced warm air or staple up under floor radiant tubing heating?

Your thoughts are welcome!!

Ian
New Haven, CT

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-04, 10:12 AM
W
wfeeheley
Visiting Guest
Geothermal/Radiant

Camain,

Radiant floor heating is definately more efficient than forced air and since you will need a water to water geothermal system your cost of domestic hot water will also be dramatically reduced. Radiant floor systems can get expensive but usually the bulk of the expense is in labor. We can design a geothermal and radiant heating system for you and we provide the equipment and materials factory direct. Feel free to visting www.eposch.com, email me at [email protected], and/or call toll free 877.372.6718.

Originally Posted by Camian
I have a old 7,000sf vicotrian Gothic Home that is running an oil based steam system.

Last year my coldest month i paid $800 in heating oil in this drafty old house and with prices of oil climbing I have to now make some quick decisions about our heating system.

I've been researching Geothermal Systems and i like them very much. I have a question that i still have no answer to. I would like to install a Geothermal heating system in our house and use a desuperheater to transfer the Goe's heat to produce heating hot water rather than forced air. I would like to do this because i have access to the underside of our floors and would like to install staple up radiant tubing which would allow for zoning and warm floors (We have tall ceilings.)

My question is this... Does anyone out there no about efficiency difference between producing forced warm air vs. hot water for heating. Will btu's be better by producing forced warm air or staple up under floor radiant tubing heating?

Your thoughts are welcome!!

Ian
New Haven, CT

Old 08-22-04, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Lets kick some things around here. First Id go to
http://www.warmair.net and compare fuel cost

Then also down the road anything about AC for the home??
7000 sq ft You could zone it with air to air heat pumps.
Also go look at www.amgeo.com on there Geo thermalDX.
no well are water to mess with with there Geo units

ED