York Furnace Control Board?

Old 08-07-04, 02:05 PM
keryx20
Visiting Guest
York Furnace Control Board?

I recently purchased a Fasco D701 blower motor for my York Furnace. The new motor wires appear to have different colored wires from the original, and I'm not sure where they go on the control board.

The previous motor had a red wire connected to "Heat", a blue to "Park", a beige to "Hum" and a black wire to "Cool." The new motor has a blue wire, a red wire, a black wire, and a white wire. I would imagine the blue is cool, and the red is heat, the white is common, and the black is hot, but I'm not sure what the "Hot" and "Common" wires would relate to on the control board. Is one of them "Hum" and the other "Park"? Any help would be very appreciated for this confused furnace fixer wanna-be.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-04, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
On the side of the motor it will show you what goes to what. For heat you want low speed and cool you want high speed. I don't know what "park" is hum is for humidifier. Also look at the schematic there on the furnace access panel to see how it's wired as to what controls what.

Old 09-12-04, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The park terminal is just a terminal to connect unused blower motor wires. You may have 2 or 3 park terminals. If you have a 3 speed blower motor and use 2 it gives you a safe place to put the other wire. Park your unused wires there.

Ken