furnace will not come on

Old 10-06-04, 07:35 AM
btjohnson911
Visiting Guest
furnace will not come on

here goes....i have a York Stellar gas forced air furnace, model # P3UCD20N09101A. (electronic flameless pilot) it was probably original in the house which is 11 years old. it was supposed to have been cleaned and certified last year when i bought the house. it does appear clean. it has central air and a humidifier attached. my thermostat is a Maple-Chase "Item 9600" (model #?) digital controller.

a couple weeks ago i turned it on for the 1st time this season and it worked fine. now nothing will come on. C/A or furnace. here's what ive done so far:

thermostat: replaced batteries. checked fuse, seems fine. reset it. reprogrammed it. nothing.

furnace: removed panels. made sure connections were tight. test button for fan works and fan runs when depressed. gas on. cleaned filter. checked breaker panel. breaker had not popped, reset it anyway.

running out of simple ideas. i had this problem last year too. it was coming on hit and miss and usually would work in evening but we would wake up in the morning freezing to death. thermostat was properly programmed.

last info. we live in a suburb north of denver -- broomfield. dry and getting cold here. help!!!

brian

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-04, 08:32 AM
btjohnson911
Visiting Guest
ok, think i fixed it

ok so i think i fixed it. actually not knowing what i was doing...i took the filter out last weekend to clean it and apparently did not get the door panel back on properly and the switch was not activated causing the furnace to to work. i put it back on and presto!...i came on, and i working fine now.

i did still have the problem last winter of it not "kicking on" during the night and i couldnt figure out why not. i'll wait and see if i still have the same problem and post if i do.

thanks, brian