Replacing old floor furnace

Old 10-14-04, 07:02 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacing old floor furnace

I've finally convinced my father that his 45 year old gas updraft floor furnace is past it's prime, and is no longer safe. He's expressed interest in a "Williams Monterey " 50,000 BTU top vent wall furnace (model # 5009622) that is advertised by Home Depot on thier web site. Does anyone have any reccomendations or comments about this particular furnace? He won't even consider a forced air unit, wants no ductwork added to his old house, and would prefer to live out his days with his floor furnace, so my options are rather narrow. Thanks for any input...

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-04, 12:02 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up My Opinion

Hello: HD_RIDER

Get it for him and have it professionally installed.

Also have the old floor furnace totally removed and the gas line to it capped off. Once old floor furnace removed, cover the opening left behind as needed and be done with it.

Doing this solves several problems. New furnace will heat better, parts are available, improves homes resale value and makes him happy.

Everybody will be happy and everybody wins....

Old 10-15-04, 04:40 PM
Wink

A good unit that Monterey works on a millivolt set up needs no electric. That 50K is a dual wall. 50K in and 38,500 out they have some that go to 62,500 in and 50K out if you need more. Johnstone supply also has them if you need parts.

ED

Old 10-16-04, 05:06 AM
H
Thank you for your replies... I wanted to be sure that the unit offered wouldn't turn out to be a piece of junk. If I can't nudge him into something more decorative (such as a gas log unit), I think this will do the job needed.
Jess