supply air limit sw.

Old 10-17-04, 10:35 AM
allanb
Visiting Guest
supply air limit sw.

I have a brand new Frigidaire/Nordyne RA096C-20 gas furnace. It was installed before i recently bought the house, so i can't get the contractor to fix it under warranty. Everything appears to run fine, but after running for a little while the supply air limit switch cuts out. I am an electrician and have metered it so i'm 100% sure thats what the problem is. I just don't know what to do about it. Is this switch cutting out at a fixed high temperature? Does this mean i'm not getting enough air flow? I tried running the blower faster and slower - the limit still cuts out. I put a less restrictive filter on - no help. I have 2 rather large return air intakes as well as a 6" duct that brings fresh air in so i'm not sure what the problem is. I'm getting very frustrated with this. Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-04, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Has it been in and ran last year for heating ?Did it run ok on AC ? just to try it will it run if you let the filter out. Will it run with the blower door off? could be a switch on the door you have to hold.

ED

Old 10-17-04, 10:54 AM
allanb
Visiting Guest
It was installed in the spring, so it wouldn't have been run during the last heating season...and we have now A/C. It does the same thing with the filter out. I will try running it with the blower door off.

Old 10-19-04, 02:29 PM
Wink

If it has not run yet for a winter I think I would call the company that makes it Frigidaire . Tell them its not a year old yet and the company that put it in wont fire it off. Id call the BBB there. Call code there and see if they had a permit to put it in. It can be anything here.

ED

Old 10-19-04, 04:59 PM
check the temp right off the unit. if it is lower than limit setpoint when kicking off, it is bad. if there is an ac coil in line it is very possibly dirty. airflow or a bad heat exchanger is where i would look next