Reznor unit problem

Old 10-20-04, 07:55 PM
jay72chevy
Visiting Guest
Question Reznor unit problem

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me? I have a REZNOR XL Gas fired unit heater. I downloaded the istallation form. It applies to installation, operation, and service since you cannot purchase it anymore. There are wire digrams. I have the unit hanging up with threaded rod. It has two fans. I wonder if one fan pulls air in and one fan pushes air into unit? The fans are side by side. I had someone look at it and just kept getting the run around. Plus he undid all wires and kept them hanging. Plus I wanna know if i am missing anything important since i bought it off of him and my grandfather. just wondering if anyone can get me started. Thank you

Last edited by jay72chevy; 10-20-04 at 08:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-04, 06:10 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: Jay

Since you have the wiring diagram, re install all the wires per the instructions. Have to identify if there is any problems. Non mentioned specifically in the post. What is the present problem or was the problem?

Why are all the wires just hanging and or why where they all removed? Must be a problem or wires would all still be connected.

Two fans? If there are two fans, may be that model is a dual stage heater. One side or half of the chambers fire independently. Both on initally when high demand is needed. One on only to maintain set temp. Not sure exactly. Based on the model type how unit operates.

Connect all wires per instructions. Fire up heater. Note if there are problems. Post them back including specific problems with details to describe them.

Old 10-22-04, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

You dont say what size unit heater you have there. The Reznor XL go from a 30K to a 400K the two fan units are form 300K to 400K. They should come on at the same time. Look at the schematic I think there is a klixon fan control that should turn them on. Some of the old units the fan came on the same time as the burners. Check and see if you have all the good stuff the tstat the gas valve and the transformer.

ED

Old 10-22-04, 07:53 PM
cab2000
Visiting Guest
the instructions

I was woundering if you could send me the plans that you got I have a unit heater and can't find any instructions any where send them to cab2000xxxxxxxxxxxx if you would mind it would help me alot cab2000

Forum Monitors Note:
This post has been edited.
E-mail address only removed.
Kindly use the forum topics only, to exchange information.
Email contact addresses are not allowed in the forum topics.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 10-26-04 at 04:54 AM.
Old 10-25-04, 01:43 PM
jay72chevy
Visiting Guest
HI Cab

Hi cab i have your web site its http://www.reznoronline.com/mpd/FAQs.htm
Hope this helps you

Old 10-25-04, 03:57 PM
jay72chevy
Visiting Guest
Hi Ed

Yes i have the old style unit. Its an XL 300-3. It has a 24v transformer along with the gas valve. I have an old round t stat to hook up to it. Is tere anything else i need? Thanks

Old 10-25-04, 04:10 PM
Thumbs up

Dont think so. Just make sure it the same Gas you have for it NAT or LP as the unit is set up for.

ED

Old 10-25-04, 05:07 PM
jay72chevy
Visiting Guest
Hi Ed

Hi i have more questions. On the power black box it goes 5,1,3,6,4,2. 5,1,3,4 is already hooked up. 5 is the jumper (1-gr), 1 Pilot valve (5-gr), 3 Main valve (3-gr), 6 24 v supply (6-gr), 4 Flame sensor, 2 t stat (2-6). On the Transformer there two places to put wires. Only a blue wire is hooked up on the top slot where it should go. Should there be another wire on the other remaining hooked into it just the same way? thanks

Old 10-27-04, 05:02 PM
Wink

Did you call that 800-695-1901 at Reznor they say they have the wire lay out need all the #### of the unit there.

ED

Old 10-27-04, 05:27 PM
I may be wrong but didn't you battle with this monster all last winter?