furnace runs constantly

Old 10-23-04, 05:04 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
furnace runs constantly

I bought a home around 6 years old with a York Diamond 80 furnace. The furnace operates fine, but is constantly 'ON" It starts up goes into the cycle, lights and runs, shuts down then about 2 minutes later it starts again. I can't believe that this is normal. The venturis are clean, so is the filter, I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Old 10-23-04, 09:50 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

What does it do at the tstat when you push it up??
If it dont go off pull the W --wire off the tstat .if it stops then its the tstat if not its down in the unit.

ED

Old 10-23-04, 10:43 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Arrow More Specific Info Requested Please

Hello: jvirtue

Not exactly clear to me what you mean is constantly on.

The blower fan blower constantly on?

The burners constantly on?

2 minutes later what exactly starts again?
See above.

Burners or fan blower?

If it is the blower only that start again, not the burners, may be not enough air flowing through furnace to remove all the warm air. Which will cycle blower back on to remove any still remaining warm air.

Most likely causes for above, too many warm air registers closed or not fully opened. Or the ait filter is to restricted with dust. Replace air filter.

Or the air filter, by design, is the wrong type being too restrictive. Usually those types are the extra heavy types used to remove more than just dust.

Use reply button to update your question with the additonal info to clarify more precisely what is mean by the whatever it is that starts again.

Old 10-25-04, 06:23 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
reply to Diamond 80

Okay...I sat in my basement watching the furnace (gotta get a life) this is what happens. First, I arrived home to a preprogramed TSat that was 5 degrees lower than programed?

The furnace starts, the blower starts, the glow plug glows and ignites the furnace, blue flame, everything appears fine. The furnace ( gas) goes for about 1 minute and stops. the blower continues for another minute, then shuts off. 10 seconds later the same thing happens, all night long. It goes over and over. All registers are open. There's a new filter in the furnace. I think the furnace is starved for air, never seen such a strange setup...same problem last year.

I can take digitals and send..how?

John

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: