Furnace Fan Runs Continuous

Old 10-29-04, 07:32 AM
Woody38
Visiting Guest
Furnace Fan Runs Continuous

Hello,

First Post. Thank You in Advance.

My girlfriend's furnace fan seems to run continuous even after the furnace shuts off. She has owned the townhome for 2 years and the furnace is about 20 yrs. old. This morning i shut the thermostat off but the motor continued to run. THe only way it would shut off is by using the switch. The thermostat would not affect it as far as shutting it off. I am going to replace the filter tonight. Here are some questions. Any help would be great!
How old should a furnace be to replace it? THere is some weird looking humidifier contraption on it that is shut off. Should i leave it that way or should it be used? There is a rattling that starts when the furnace turns on and it sounds like it is coming from the pipes but not sure. What should I check? Should she get it cleaned and if so, how much she look at paying to have it done?

Thanks Again for any input.

Old 10-29-04, 09:18 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

20 years old .Yes I would have some one look at it and check it out. Can still be very good. Cant say what cost is there $75 to $100??
New filter every 30 to 90 days. Yes turn the humidifier on and get it working.

That old should have a fan limit control check it out that can be what has the blower on. You didnt say AC if so can have a relay there on the blower that should be replaced.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: