Another Fan/Limit Control question

Old 11-02-04, 11:27 AM
ama299
Visiting Guest
Another Fan/Limit Control question

Greetings,

I have just bought a house with an old oil furnace F/A, it is made by century engineering corps in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Sense I have never lived in a house with oil heat I'm not sure if this is how it is suppose run.

The fire kicks on for about 3-5 Min, and then the fire shuts off and then the fan will kick on for about 2-3 min. It does this when it is about 40f to 60f degrees outside. There has been a few times where it has been colder than 40f outside and the fire will run for about 3-5min and the fan will kick on. after about a min the fire will kick off, the fan will run untill it is cool.

This is what I have done so far.

1) called a pro and he came out and did the yearly maint to it, and then he replaced the fan limit control with a new honeywell. He said that the other limit control was the wrong one, but it is doing the same thing as before. I also found the part # on that limit control and found the manual to make sure that the set points were properly set. 95-110-180 The weried thing is I have set these points to the lowest they went hoping it would kick the fan on faster Nope, but it did leave the fan on longer. I have watched the fan/limit control during a cycle (please note it's about the same as watching paint dry) It normaly does not start to turn until about min before it shuts down the fire that last min it really starts to turn. The rest of time it turns slowly.

Not sure if I should call the pro back again, or if this is the way it is

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-04, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check the heat anticipator in the thermostat. It is a small numbered pointer under the cover of the thermostat. It seems odd that the burner would stop before any of the heat from the furnace has reached it. Set the anticipator at .4 amps. Let us know what it was set at if it was wrong.

Ken