Programable Thermostat

Old 11-06-04, 09:38 AM
kpmacapple
Visiting Guest
Question Programable Thermostat

I am looking to install a new programable thermostat into my house. The house is a two family house that at one point use to be a one family. The first family uses a force hot water gas boiler and the second family uses electric heat.

There is no connection between the the first family and the second family sections at this point.

My problem, the Honeywell thermostat , Model # T874 ( if I'm reading the correct number has the following wiring connections

W2......connected
W1......connected
RC.......not connected
RH.......connected
Y1.......not connected
Y2.......not connected

My understanding, if it is corrected, is that this is a two zone wiring setup. But I only have the one thermostat in the house, the heating is only for one floor level and all baseboard radiators throughout the house heat at the same time.

There is no cooling system involved at all.

Most thermostats that I have seen for less than $50 do not have a W2 connection, and those over $80 do. But I'm not certain that I even need both to begin with.

Any help would be appreciated
Kevin

Old 11-06-04, 10:13 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Of just what you have there and what you want to do. That W1 and W2 there is not zones it is for stages of heat from a furnace. If you have a 2 stage furnace. For the boiler its how is it wired,to turn the pump on, the burner on open a zone valve ? What one do you want to put the new tstat?

Old 11-06-04, 10:54 AM
kpmacapple
Visiting Guest
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.............two stage heating. I was told zones by the guy at Home Depot. I forgot to mention that my boiler(I've been told it's a boiler due to it heating water vs. air) use to be oil, but ended up being converted to gas. So I would have to say turning the pump on.

Old 11-06-04, 11:34 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

If I have it right then .You just need R or RH and W or W1.
Might check it out book calls for a Q674 subbases also.

ED

Old 11-06-04, 11:37 AM
kpmacapple
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ed.........

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: