two zone heating not working

Old 11-09-04, 09:37 AM
phins_fanatic
Visiting Guest
Question two zone heating not working

I have a two zone heating system. My gas furnace is about 15 years old. My problem is that when I turn on the main switch and the basement and first floor switch the furnace will turn on and off when ever it wants, without paying attention to the two thermostats. I replaced the thermostats, and still have the same issue. The way the wires are running are from the 2 thermostats they go into a two separate transformers then from the transformers they connect to a wire coming from the controller of the furnace and wires coming from the coupler that are on the individual pipes. My original problem was that the furnace wouldn't come on so I rewired everything and know it comes on whenever it wants. Any ideas.

Thank you
phins_fanatic

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-04, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Id say go over your wire from the dampers to the furnace
My original problem was that the furnace wouldn't come on so I rewired everything and know it comes on whenever it wants. Any ideas.
. Can you put it back as was then ring it out to find out what didnt turn the furnace on.

ED

Old 11-09-04, 10:22 AM
phins_fanatic
Visiting Guest
thank you for a quick reply

I rewired everything the way it was even though it didn't look right. Do you know the way it should be wired. I's a two wire system execpt for the dampers which has three wires. Right know I have the red wire from the transformer connecting to the green from the damper and then I have the red from the damper connecting to the red of the controller of the furnace. That's the way they had it before and it worked. Thank again