Need a gas valve for Lennox furnace

Old 11-09-04, 12:45 PM
hefitz
Visiting Guest
Need a gas valve for Lennox furnace

It has been like pulling teeth to get my hands on a replacement gas valve (Honeywell VR8205M 2823) for my Lennox furnace (Mod. 80UH6245A-1).

This is an electronic ignition type gas fired furnace.

Apparently, in the past, someone repaired a Freon leak at the piping leading into the A/C coil above the furnace. When they finished, they failed to wrap the pipe good with insulation. Subsequently the condesate from the pipe has been dripping down into the veny louvers directly above the furnace gas valve and has shorted out the electrical components of the gas valve.

When I tried to fire the unit up, it would not light. Upon close inspection, I could see puffs of smoke coming out from under the plastic cover of the gas valve when the electronic peizo(sp) tries to ignite. I removed the cover and sure enough one of the coils on top is very corroded.

I want to replace the gas valve but you'd think I was trying to buy Plutonium or something.

What gives???

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-04, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox is one of the hardest to get parts for unles you are a dealer. You could take it off and go to like Johnstone Supply and they should be able to hook you up with a universal.

Old 11-09-04, 01:46 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello hefitz. Welcome to the Heating Furnaces forum topic and the Do It Yourself Web Site.

Johnstone would be one of the parts sources to obtain the valve. if there is none in your area, any heating supply parts store, where the local repair service agent purchase their parts, will have either the exact part or a replacement valve. Look in the phone book under the listings of heating furnaces, heating supplies, heating dealers and or heating agents, etc.

Old 11-09-04, 02:09 PM
hefitz
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the replies. I'll locate a Johnson Supply here in Houston and see what happens.

Thanks again.