trying to start gas furnace...

Old 11-13-04, 12:13 AM
hltx
Visiting Guest
Red face trying to start gas furnace...

Hi,
I've got a gas wall furnace that was working fine last year. This is the first year I've tried to light and start it up myself and seem to be having a little trouble.
I have been able to get the pilot light lit. It is a blue flame and stays on fine. The burners however won't come on and nothing really happens. Is there another step to turning on the heater that I need to do? I;ve looked on my wall thermostat and it doesn't seem to have any buttons or controls that need to be flipped on. please help.
thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-04, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Pilot is on and you turned the valve on over to on. Do you have power 110 to it or not. If so is it on. If you jump the two wire at the tstat will it come on if so its the tstat. if not you can have a Millivolt set up there. Where the pilot light on the T/C makes it a generator and gives the power to the unit. If so you need a new thermopile. Take it with you so you get the same one. Ask for a millivolt powerpile thermocouple or millivolt generator. make sure you get one just like the one you have.

ED