Carrier 58SSC Furnace - I'm freezing, please help.

Old 11-15-04, 05:41 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Carrier 58SSC Furnace - I'm freezing, please help.

Ok.

I've replaced the themostat to the simple Honeywell Round kind, change the filter and checked the circut board (make sure all the plugs were in, etc... about the best I can "check" it.), etc..

Problems and NO BODY seems to be able to fix it!

You turn the t-stat to a temp above the current room temp. The small "cage fan" come on and stay on forever. NOTHING ELSE HAPPPENS. The ignitor does not come on, nor does the blower.

You switch the t-stat to the "off" position, and then wait for the small "cage fan" to stop running, then you switch the t-stat back to "on" position, the cage fan comes back on, and approx 30 sec. later everything works as it should. (heat, flame, blower, etc.).

I've had NO LUCK getting any real repair on this. I wake up freezing, and nobody can seem to give me any answers. I'm not crazy. I've even tried duplicated the problem eliminating the t-stat (trip the wires)... and still the same problem.

Here's to hoping there is some help out there.

Pete

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-04, 05:56 AM
Sounds like you've got a high temp sensor "safety" kicking it off. Turning the stat to off then back on is resetting it.

If your heat exchanger hasn't been cleaned in a couple years it sounds like it may need just that.

Old 11-15-04, 06:00 AM
O
I have the Maintenance and Service Instructions for the unit and will do as you indicate and follow the instructions to the letter.

May I ask, should that not work, what you would recommend beyond this?

Thanks (again)

Pete