One heating zone does not work

Old 11-16-04, 05:06 PM
xenlam
Visiting Guest
Question One heating zone does not work

Hello all,
I hope someone can help. I have a gas furnace with two zones. The lower level zone works fine. The second level keeps having problem. I changed thermostat. I replaced the zone control unit. I checked the continuity of the thermostat wire. The new thermostat calls for heat but the furnace does not turned on. Only the first level works so I know the furnace still works. Is it time to give up and call a contractor?
xen

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-04, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Did you get the right tstat???? check how the other one is wired and see if you put all of this in right? Most of the time the tstat turns the damper open and then the damper tells the furnace that we need heat light up. So check it out then you might want to call hvac guy or gal to work on it.

ED

Old 11-17-04, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
did it work before?

some zone systems are master/slave setups, and the one may not operate with out the other

barring that.... the tstat will send voltage back to the board that will energige the damper, then the call for heat to the furnace

if power is at the w terminal from the tstat on the zone board, and no power is being sent to the unit to initiate heat cycle, could be board

best to get a tech out there