Which is Cleaner: Oil or Gas FHA Systems?

Old 11-17-04, 05:29 AM
NHLifter
Visiting Guest
Which is Cleaner: Oil or Gas FHA Systems?

Which is a cleaner type of heating system to have installed in a house? Oil or gas?

If buying an old house and it has an old oil heating system, what are some of the ways to update the system and make it cleaner and more efficient? Same for gas systems?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-04, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Natural or propane is going to be clean by nature. Oil can be just as clean as long as you keep it properly maintained.

As for updating, oil furnaces haven't changed as much as gas has but if it's real old I would deffinitly have it inspected and tuned.

Old 11-17-04, 06:41 AM
When I think of clean in regard to forced warm air heating systems I think of air filtration. As you know, the fuel byproducts leave the house. A poor air filter, like a 1" fiberglass one will not take much dire out of the air. If you want a cleaner environment inside, put in a 4" pleated paper filter and it won't matter which fuel you have, it will be cleaner inside the house. Mattison's maintenance suggestion was valid too.

Ken

Old 11-17-04, 12:56 PM
Wink

Im with them all here . Its the air in the home not what your fuel is. Can go to http://www.warmair.net and compare fuel cost for oil gas electric there.
Have the oil burner cleaned, nozzle ,filter,check pump and you have it made. Some on the oil burner cut the nozzle down and push up the pump psi works good make sure they have a draft gauge and CO2 tester to set the oil burner right. It can give you a 75 % to 80% So why change

ED