No Heat.... Please Help!!!

Old 12-20-04, 08:30 PM
vtdeuce
Visiting Guest
No Heat.... Please Help!!!

I have a Goodman Electric Ignition Furnace (model Number GMP050-3) that stopped working last night. With the holidays here, I am worried that I will not be able to pick up that one final gift for my kid if I call a technician to fix! I have referred to thread

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=115961

but this person had some type of burnt wire from flame rollout... IN the following sequence, my furnace fails after step 4. The click takes place, but the flame does not light.

The sequence should be 1. call for heat, inducer fan starts. 2 Air pressure switch senses inducer fan operation and switch closes. 3. Ignitor glows. 4. Hear the click which is the gas valve opening. Gas reaches ignitor and flame lights. 5. Flame reaches flame sensor and tells the control that all is well. 6. Ignitor is de-energized and burner stays on until room temp is reached or high limit is opened.

Can anyone please help me asap?!?!? Thank you in advance!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-04, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do you get a flame or just the click?

Ken

Old 12-21-04, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Like ken asked. Is it completing step #4 and firing up to just shut right back down??

Old 12-22-04, 03:00 PM
vtdeuce
Visiting Guest
Hey guys,

To answer your question, I just got the click... After the valve opened, which I am assuming is the click, nothing would happen. Eventually, the ignitor would stop glowing.

A technician was able to come out here and look at it first thing the next morning and found that it was a faulty gas valve. The entire housing was replaced by the technician for a little under $200 total.

I appreciate your help and I hope this thread is useful to somebody in the future. Happy Holidays!

Chris