Goodman furnace purchase help!

Old 12-22-04, 04:09 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman furnace purchase help!

I went looking for a furance today, something in the 70-80k BTU range with an effeciency rating over 92. The first place I went to has a furnace someone ordered but backed out on. It's a Goodman GMV9 93% AFUE 2-stage. He said he'd sell it to me for his cost, $841 + tax. Said it was going to cost the guy who ordered it $1092. I looked on the net and saw them for $1100-$1250.

My friend works HVAC but has never dealt with Goodman so I'm looking for some input/help. I know its not a Carrier but how bad can it be?

Given the price and model, is this deal worth it. Money is a little tight but a furnace is something I'm not looking to go totally cheap on.

Old 12-22-04, 05:18 PM
goodman has long been "the" low end unit. since buying amana and using some of their technology, the have vastly improved their product. the bottom line is proper install. be sure your friend knows what he is doing.... never heard of goodman? #2 mfr of hvac in usa

Old 12-23-04, 04:37 AM
Z
Thanks. He had said since they bought Amana in the late 90s, that maybe they were getting better.

Read carefully......... I never said he never "heard of Goodman" I said he never "dealt" with Goodman. He's been doing installs for 10+ years but the company he works for installs other higher end brands.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: