Old 01-08-05, 12:07 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 237
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

does anyone know the name of the stuff to seal a vent pipe into a brick chimeney..the vent from my furnace goes into a brick chimeney in my basement,and around the vent there is a sealer,mine looks a little old ,i have my co dectector there and there is no leak,but id like to repack it anyways...if i remeber right it is like dried paper you mix wih a little water and press in around the hole...or maybe someone can recommend something better...thanks ...
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-05, 01:28 PM
mattison's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cinti, OH
Posts: 5,549
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You may be thinking of "fire cement".
Old 01-08-05, 02:54 PM
Jay11J's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 18,427
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I've mixed a small bag of cement to patch it.. Break away the old stuff, and repatch..

Otherwise, there's "Furnace Cement".. I've never used it.
Old 01-08-05, 04:34 PM
KField's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Easton, PA
Posts: 3,245
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can buy a small bag of chimney patch. It is very soft setting and can just be mixed with water. When it dries up, you can just add more water and reuse it. Furnace cement gets hard as rock.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: