Trane furnace not heating

Old 01-20-05, 07:58 AM
R
rcarpen22
Visiting Guest
Trane furnace not heating

Hello, I have a Trane 1993 model YCC048FIMOBA gas furnace that will not heat. The series of events are as follows: I came home Tuesday night and the house was cold and the blower was off. The thermostat was set to auto with a set point of 62 degrees. The temp. was about 50 degrees. I turned the switch from auto to On and the house heated up and stayed warm through the night. Yesterday I got home and again the house was cold. I had left the thermostat in the On position and the fan was still blowing but cold air was coming out. I went to Lowes and bought a Honeywell digital manual thermostat and installed it (four wires) and still no luck. In auto mode nothing happens, in On mode the fan blows cold air. There is air blowing out of the exhaust on the unit. I assume it is an igniter or module from reading other posts. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I would like to obtain the parts and perform the repair myself if possible.
Thanks,
Rob

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-05, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Take a look to see if you system has a flashing LED light on the control board. May have a small window to see though the door.. Count the flash, then remove the door and look on the back side.. It may tell you what the code means.

At first it sounds like your heating speed on the blower may of gone out. Now it may of locked out on high limit.

Post back of what you found on the LED

Old 01-20-05, 09:43 AM
R
rcarpen22
Visiting Guest
Jay,
Thanks for the reply. I am at work currently and I don't have internet at home so I will print your instructions, check the code, and post the results tomorrow. Again, Thanks for the reply,
Rob

Old 01-24-05, 06:17 AM
R
rcarpen22
Visiting Guest
fixed

Well, I checked the control module and the red LED was flashing. It wasn't flashing a code, though, just flashing steadily. On the module, a Robert Shaw, it said that if the LED lit and stayed lit the control was bad and needed to be replaced. If it flashed it said consult the service manual, which I do not seem to have. My friendly repair man said the module was bad and replaced it for $500. That's not as bad as buying a new unit, but not a pleasant surprise so soon after all that Christmas spending. The heat seems to be working fine now. Hopefully I'll get another three years out of it. Thanks for the tips.
Rob