corn furnace

Old 02-01-05, 09:28 AM
dacoach
Visiting Guest
corn furnace

Yes, I said a furnace and not a stove. Anyone have one. Looking at the amazing brand 165,000 btu vs the 100,000 btu to hook up to the duct work and heat the hole house. Sick and tired of gas prices going up every year. A little work with the corn now and then will be good for me. If I can heat my house for around $80 a month or so I think this will be great. Plus If I would put in a trap that went from house to garage then I can heat it when I am working in the garage(making sure car fumes can't get into the house).

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-05, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I havent seen one since I first started in the field.. I wouldn't go to big, otherwise, YOu'd be roasted out of the house!

What size is your furnace you have now? how old and effcency?

As for "Trap" to go out to the garage, I am lost.. You mean a door to allow heat to work on it's way up? or a trap in the duct work?

Old 02-01-05, 12:00 PM
dacoach
Visiting Guest
looking at building a new house. This unit will go from 80000-165000 btu I believe. I think I will put a slide cap on the end so when I want heat I can open it from the garage. Or I can leave it open at night to get all the snow and ice off the vehicles. I have talked to some dealers and some of the units are nice and some are a pain to use. What do you furnace boys think?

Old 02-01-05, 01:45 PM
I would check with code in your area..

Here it's not allowed to tie into a home heating system for garage heat.. Only hot water heat it can be done that way. Since there is no air exchange.

Old 02-01-05, 01:57 PM
Wink

Id check code and your "Insurance company" here first.

ED