Trane XL-12000

Old 02-20-05, 09:07 AM
AVRECON
Visiting Guest
Trane XL-12000

Hey guys, I have a Trane XL-12000 gas pack unit with a heating problem. Sometimes the unit runs fine and at other times it won't. The unit is calling for a new board, but I'm wondering if there is something else going on with the unit. Like I was saying sometimes it runs fine and will get the house up to temp. Other times it will come on for a few minutes and shut off, while the t-stat is still calling for heat. It has more problems the colder it is outside. I have checked all of the safeties for continuity and all checked out fine. I pulled the flame sensor out and cleaned it, not that it was really in bad looking shape anyway but I thought it couldn't hurt. I'd appreciate any ideas on what to look for.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-05, 04:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do you know that it's "calling for a new board" ?? The circuit board is the brains of the unit and if it's getting screwy the system can do all kinds of funky things.

Old 02-21-05, 05:14 AM
AVRECON
Visiting Guest
Because the code that I'm getting says it's calling for a new board. I'm going to check the burners and heat exchanger this morning and see if they look ok.

Old 02-21-05, 06:35 PM
AVRECON
Visiting Guest
It turned out to be the board, unit is runnin great.