Purging air out from the oil pipe after replaced oil filter for the burner

Old 02-25-05, 01:39 PM
realgouki
Visiting Guest
Question Purging air out from the oil pipe after replaced oil filter for the burner

I just changed the oil filter onto the furnace but after that I'm having hard time purging the air out so the burner will function again. COuld someone provide me with the step by step instruction on how I suppose to make that happen? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-05, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

If you know where the small bleeder plug is there on the pump. Some have a hole in them and you can slip a small hose on to it. just break it lose a little . Hit the reset on the burner and it should run for you open the plug some more to let the air out till you get oil. Dont take the plug all the way out. If burner goes off tighten the plug some.If it dont make it the first time do it all over again. Bleed the filter if you can to get as much air out of it as you can there at it first. post back in this same post here.

If you have a two pipe set up it should bleed itself. Also if you changed the filter you did put a new nozzle in it and reset the electrodes I hope

ED

Old 02-25-05, 02:46 PM
realgouki
Visiting Guest
Question

I do have two pipe going into the burner; however, I had tried to let it run by itself for like 45 mins but still no oil going in and I also tried the loosen up the bleeder (which is the little screw) I think and for like 30 mins still nothing coming out.

Old 02-25-05, 02:48 PM
realgouki
Visiting Guest
Question

by the way Ed, so how long should I be letting it run and also while I was changing the oil filter, I forgot which position should the valve be opened, please guide me on that also, thank a ton!

Old 02-25-05, 02:56 PM
If you have 2 pipes from the oil tank to the fuel pump, you should not have to bleed manually at all. You may have to press the reset button a few times in succession to get the fuel there though. Keep the bleed port closed and reset the burner. It should run for 45 seconds even if it does not ignite. You mentioned 45 minutes. The burner should not run for more than 1 munite without ignition. If it does, you should call a service company immediately. The safety control must see flame within 1 minute or it MUST turn off the burner.

Ken

Old 02-25-05, 03:05 PM
realgouki
Visiting Guest
This should be the dual fuel system just got installed yesterday (brand new) and what I did after the mechanic left was to replace the oil filter and after that all I see is the burner with the green blinking light (suppose to be solid according to the label attached) and still no oil coming into it. Also it's AFG model burner with 140psi.

Old 02-25-05, 03:09 PM
realgouki
Visiting Guest
So anyone, you guys think that could be the valve as I had tried to turn it but forgot how it suppose to point to for openning!

Old 02-25-05, 04:30 PM
This should be the dual fuel system just got installed yesterday (brand new) and what I did after the mechanic left was to replace the oil filter
His phone #### should be on the unit call him

Old 02-25-05, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by which way the valve should point. If it is a quarter turn valve the handle should be parallel to the valve for it to be ON. Otherwise righty-tighty, lefty-loosey. In other words counter-clockwise to open. You may have to hold the reset button down for 90 seconds or some long interval close to that to get the control out of safety lockout mode. After 3 tries it won't restart without a long hold on the button.
I also think you should call the service tech back and have him get the thing working the way you paid to have it working.

Ken