Trane Oil Furnace/No heat,continuous blower operation

Old 02-25-05, 07:37 PM
chitamae
Visiting Guest
Angry Trane Oil Furnace/No heat,continuous blower operation

Trane Oil Furnace, approx 5 yrs old, no heat come out of the vents but it has continuous blower operations blowing cold air out. I've checked the oil level, pressed reset, installed new thermostat, checked the heat limit switch, breakers are on. Oil pump does not come on, but blower fan runs continuosly even when the thermostat is turned off. Could this be circuit board that has gone bad? Or is there any other causes that can be checked out.
Thanks for any help, this is the weekend and services calls can be expensive!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-05, 11:40 PM
tinker toys
Visiting Guest
If the burner motor is comming on and the pump does not pump fuel either the failed or the shaft thet drives the pump broke. I asume you opened the bleeder to see if it was working or airbound..

Old 02-26-05, 04:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It is most likely a burner problem. Your blower probably comes on 45 seconds after a call for heat so it is probably working right. Some of the newer furnaces don't sense air temp to control the blower. They do have a high limit switch but you said you checked that already. You didn't say what happens when you pressed the reset button on the burner. Did it run for a short time? It should have. If it didn't, either there is no power to the burner indicating a limit switch or no call for heat from the circuit board that controls the furnace which responds to the signal from your thermostat. We will have to narrow down the possibilities before I can guide you further.

Ken

Old 02-26-05, 11:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Some furnaces, not sure about Trane, if you turn the switch off for +/- 30 seconds & turn it back on it will reset the board. My gut feeling though is you have a bad board.

Old 03-08-05, 07:44 PM
chitamae
Visiting Guest
Thanks to all for their replys and help. It was the circuit board. I took it out and saw the "burn" marks on the circuits so I soldered them back and put it back in and it sovled the problem. Runs like a charm!
Thanks!

Old 03-09-05, 05:20 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do you know what part of the circuit (obviously 110 volt) was burned? And what caused it? If you don't look into that now, you surely will be repairing or replacing that board again.

Ken