Modern filter sales

Old 03-01-05, 01:03 PM
L
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Modern filter sales

I think those over priced "high quality" filters that are being sold to "clean" the air and take out "harmful contaminents" and "allergens" are garbage. I don't know how many furnaces and air conditioners I have worked on that high limit or freeze up just because of the super filtration these new types of filters do. The original reason for an air filter was to protect the equipment and keep the dust down in the ducting system, not to make sure little Billy doesn't get the sniffles. How many suckers are out there right now buying these pieces of garbage for all the wrong reasons?

Kids are getting sick because of this new "ultra clean and sterile" enviroment with no contaminents.

Not to mention the fact that High Efficient furnaces result in lower fresh air turn over rates in a house that leads to stale and moist conditions, perfect for mold spores...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-05, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You are right about the filters causing problems. One thing that frosts a customers butt is when you tell them the $169 filter they bought 3 weeks ago won't work in their system and it caused them a service call to find that out.

Ken