Williamson oil furnace--opinions?

Old 03-02-05, 05:24 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Williamson oil furnace--opinions?

I've gotten a quote to install a Williamson oil furnace in my home. Do any of you have opinions or comments on Williamson furnaces that you'd like to share? Is this a reliable brand? Thanks,

Brian

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-05, 04:25 AM
I'm not sure of their track record since we don't do a lot of oil but we put one in this past fall and the homeowner treats us like Gods now.

They claim there oil useage is 1/2 of what it was even though the furnace is slightly larger and it's much quieter.

Williamsons been in the furnace business for ever and anyone who's done work in S.W. Ohio has seen their share of Williamson furnaces.

If you're going to be in the house for a long time you may want to get another quote for Thermopride.

Old 03-03-05, 08:21 AM
Williamson has been around for a long time.. The Williamson that you are looking at now is not the same old Williamson.

They went bankrupt in early 90's. Then Thermoflo brought out Williamson's name.

I have not seen these new Willimason in person to say if these are the true Williamson design or not.

If you want the best of the best, Look into ThermoPride.

I grew up around the Williamson and still are many of them out there still running.

Old 03-03-05, 08:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Williamson

NO it is not the same Williamson, not even close, terrible track record. Spend the extra bucks & get a Thermo-Pride. Tough as nails, last furnace you will ever need to buy, but not cheap. If you want nice clean oats they are $$/bag. If you will take oats that have been thru the horse once, we can sell them a little cheaper.

Old 03-04-05, 03:44 AM
B
Great feedback... thanks to all.

You all have me convinced that Thermo-Pride is the way to go. My parents bought one a few years back, and I took a look at theirs--well built.

Now all I need to do is find a contractor that I trust. Thanks again,

Brian

Old 03-04-05, 03:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Thermo-Pride

Brian, you can go to their web site @ www.thermopride.com They have a dealer locator. Gives you name, address, and phone number. BTW, I prefer the Riello burner but some contractors are not comfortable with them because the Riello is different. I have no heartache with the standard Beckett. Which ever the contractor is more familiar with will work fine. Good Luck