Draft inducer vibration

Old 11-20-01, 08:10 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exterior boards rotting - help!

Some of the boards around a couple windows have been getting soaked by the sprinklers (apparently for some time, I just moved into the house). To cut them out and replace them will be a major job. I thought I recalled seeing a product on one of the home shows that will allow you to dig out the affected area and filling it with this stuff. It was a two part product, mix & apply. Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,
Paul

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-05, 07:06 PM
Ergoboy
Visiting Guest
Draft inducer vibration

Hi. I have a York Diamond 80 that is having some problems with the pressure switch. A technician came out and said that the problem was rust inside the inducer was blocking the vacuum line. He said that he could hear the motor bearings whine, and suggested I replace the inducer assembly.

Rather than replace the assembly, I tried to take the motor off to clean inside it. When I tried to remove the motor, it didn't come off due to the fan inside the assembly. I remounted the motor, and now it seems to vibrate like crazy. The fan blades spin freely, and if I hold the motor the right way, the vibration will stop.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the vibration to stop? Can I install new grommets or anything like that, or do I have to replace the assembly? Since the fan spins freely, what happens if I do nothing?

Thanks,

Aaron

Old 03-04-05, 07:54 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Sounds like you messed up something. I would take his advice and replace entire unit. And your troubles are over. Thats how most are sold.