Thermostat/Pilot Light Problem

Old 03-10-05, 11:53 AM
drthmaul
Visiting Guest
Thermostat/Pilot Light Problem

Hello everyone,

I have a 10 year old Lennox G23 gas furnance. Yesterday I came home to find the house freezing, and the auto cycles not running. (at this point in the day, the heat should have been running for an hour.) When I switched the thermostat from auto to on, air would blow out of the ducts, but on the cold side. If I increased the tempertaure to 75 degrees, the electric pilot would light, and the heat would come on. This morning I had the same problem, with the same solution. Is this a thermostat or pilot light ignition problem, or worse? Once the pilot light ignites, the furnace works fine. Any advice would be great, and if any more information is needed, please let me know.

I realize this topic has been talked about to no end on this forum, I couldn't find any threads that adressed my problem specifically.

Thanks,
Bill

Old 03-10-05, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Wink

When I switched the thermostat from auto to on, air would blow out of the ducts, but on the cold side.
Yes that should just turn the fan on

If I increased the tempertaure to 75 degrees, the electric pilot would light, and the heat would come on.
Could be in the tstat. Or is there battries in it that are bad??

ED

Old 03-10-05, 02:34 PM
drthmaul
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ed. It's not the batteries, I replaced those, just in case.

Sorry, I work with wood, not good with electrical and the such. Why would the pilot light and the heat come on at a higher temp?

Old 03-10-05, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Wink

If you can push the tstat up and the furnace comes on Id sat its in the tstat here.

ED

Old 03-10-05, 04:46 PM
drthmaul
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ed, I appreaciate it!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: