lennox gas furnace not working

Old 03-17-05, 09:16 AM
casa
Visiting Guest
lennox gas furnace not working

I have an old (30+ years?) Lennox gas furnace. It started about 3 months ago where occasionally it will not fire up (even though pilot is on). I have to press the reset (spring loaded) button for it to start working. But it has gotten progressively worse, now it need to be "resetted" almost after each on-off cycle. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-05, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
By reset do you mean like the one you hold down to light the pilot light on the gas valve? When was the last time it was serviced and clean???? Pilot light good on the thermocouple????? have you tried a new T/C on it?

ED

Old 03-17-05, 10:34 AM
casa
Visiting Guest
Yes, I believe it's the same button that's used for relighting the pilot.

I too suspect it may be the T/C. Any idea how difficult it is to replace it? And what's involved in "service and clean" it? Does it require removing and disassembling?

I don't mind replacing the T/C, provided they still sell it and that it can be done by a lay person...

Thanks for your response, Ed, and any further help you can provide!

Old 03-17-05, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Home depot and lowes have the T/C comes as a kit to fit all. You take it out of the pilot there and take the little copper line off the gas valve. Is about all.
If its been that long that some one has looked at the furnace I think you should call a hvac to check it out. All they could do is clean the burners check the blower could oil the motor there. You should have it looked at about every other year. It will burn better . You do change the air filter every 30 to 90 days I hope.

ED