propane gas regulator

Old 09-17-05, 09:30 PM
jake 1
Visiting Guest
propane gas regulator

I have a 40,000 btu propane gas heater for my cabin and a 100 pound propane cylinder of propane gas. What type of regulator do I need that will give me the right pressure or supply of gas with this heater. I have been looking on e bay for regulators, but am not sure what to look for? Can anyone help? If it helps this heater also says minimum input is 10,000 btu

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-05, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is an extremely sensitive area. One mistake could be very serious. My suggestion would be to contact your propane supplier. I suspect they will recommend a two stage reg. Adjustment is everything.

Old 09-20-05, 09:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Regulator

I agree 100% with mbk3. I would go a step furthe in suggesting you have the regulator professionally installed & the piping pressure checked. The installer should also check the pressure at the furnace. LP is nothing to mess with. Your first mistake could be your last.

Old 09-21-05, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Im with both here. Go for a 2 stage set up. You dont say where you are and how cold it can get . But if your way up north a 100lb tank wont do it. You can run out of gas cause the tank gets cold and cant burn off for more gas and the tank is still half full.

ED